Among the hotels operated by us, Hotel Management Japan Co., Ltd., we have found that the personal information of the guests of four hotels of our group hotels described below (the “Group’s Four Hotels”) has been compromised due to a security breach to the server of the reservation system provided by Fastbooking Japan Co., Ltd., (“Fastbooking Japan”) used by the Group’s Four Hotels at their multilingual reservation websites (English/Chinese/Korean).
* Subject hotels
- Oriental Hotel tokyo bay (Urayasu City, Chiba prefecture, Japan)
- Namba Oriental Hotel (Osaka City, Osaka prefecture, Japan)
- Hotel Oriental Express Osaka Shinsaibashi (Osaka City, Osaka prefecture, Japan)
- Kobe Meriken Park Oriental Hotel (Kobe City, Hyogo prefecture, Japan)
The Group’s Four Hotels have been using the reservation system provided by Fastbooking Japan as a system for receiving hotel reservations from our foreign guests. However, Fastbooking Japan informed us that the server owned and managed by Fastbooking (“Fastbooking”), a French corporation which is the parent company of Fastbooking Japan, was the subject of a security breach caused by an external party, and that the personal information of the Group’s Four Hotels’ guests who made a reservation via the reservation system of Fastbooking Japan has been compromised.
We sincerely apologize for the great concern and inconvenience caused to you on this matter.
Following the discovery of leakage of personal information, we have reported to the Personal Information Protection Commission of this incident, and are still confirming the details of leakage of personal information. Please note that no personal information of the guests who had made a reservation via Japanese Official Websites of these Group’s Four Hotels has been compromised since both the systems and servers the guests use are different from that of their multilingual reservation website, and thus has not been affected by this incident. Also, we have not received any reports of the misuse of the personal information of our guests at present. The circumstances of the leakage we are aware of currently are as follows:
* Personal information which has been compromised Among the reservation records prepared by the reservation systems at multilingual websites of the subject hotels described above during the period of May 1, 2017 to June 15, 2018 (including cancellations), the details of the personal information which has been compromised are as follows (number of cases: 951 cases):
- your name, email address, nationality and phone number
- the date of your arrival at and department from our hotel; and
- the amount that you paid for your stay with us, and the confirmation number of your reservation.
According to Fastbooking Japan, we have been informed that no credit card information of the guests has been compromised.
* Correspondence to our guests
Each relevant hotel will individually contact those guests whose personal information has been compromised.
We are still confirming the details of leakage, and each guest whose personal information is found to be compromised will be informed in a proper order.
* Subsequent measures taken
We will suspend the use of the reservation system operated by Fastbooking Japan in respect of hotels operated by us until a third party institution’s security assessment, which is currently conducted by Fastbooking Japan is completed and a safety certificate is issued.
* Contact information for inquiries from guests regarding this matter
Please contact Hotel Management Japan Co., Ltd.’s Customer Support Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org